I have a cute Jack story...Uncle Ben came over last week for pizza. We haven't seen him in a while so when he came in and said "HI" to Jack, Jack looked him square in the eye and said "Uh Oh" we laughed so hard. Jack's never said "Uh Oh" before and hasn't said it since! I know some of you will find it as amusing as we did!
Jack is learning to stand with his walker. I have to help him by reminding him to hold on and by helping him open and place his right hand. I also fix his feet so he has good balance then I can let go and he's standing like such a big boy! I always clap and exclaim how good he's doing and his smile says it all. He's proud too! I can ask him to step and he'll step once with his left leg. I have to ask him again to step and then I point to his right leg and after building up the nerve and confidence he steps again with the right leg. We then throw a HUGE celebration and I pick him up and spin him around. He LOVES this and we do it over and over. He's so happy and proud to be standing and stepping. The walker is quite light (made of aluminum) and it's amazing that he's just using a little bit of support and can stand for a long time. I think he likes the view too.
I took Jack to Wal-mart to get his 2nd year pictures taken. We got a coupon in the mail for a photo session and a nice big photo package for $3.88!!! No hidden fees -- I just had to sit and let them try to talk me into buying a larger package deal. What an excellent deal! Jack was a ham (of course) and was making everyone laugh at the photo place. I think it's going to be a cute picture. We get them back on March 17th.
We also decided to trade in Jason's black Honda Civic for a MINIVAN!!! I LOVE it. It's great. I used to exclaim that I would NEVER have a minivan -- just didn't see what all the fuss was about. Well, let me tell you, I get it now! We went for groceries yesterday and it was so much easier and less of a hassle to load everything! I also don't bump my head (or Jack's) or break my back trying to get him in and out of his car seat. I can't wait for all of you to check it out! It'll be great for our beach trips this year too!
No comments:
Post a Comment