5/25 Day 7 Long day
It's funny when I start to say things like "hey, did you do your sink laundry yet?" and a bunch of people say nah, still have to get to that today or yes, did it this morning!
We were picked up by Abel and the big bus this morning and we got to see some of Addis that we had not seen before. This city is one big jumble but it works!! Cars everywhere, road construction, animals, peddlers, beggars, big business, small tin dwellings, it seems to have a pulse though...and only those who live here seem to truly be able to keep with the beat.
The embassy appointment went smoothly. They asked us to swear an oath to tell the truth and ask you a series of questions about the adoption. It's all over in a matter of minutes and you are handed a pile of important papers and told the rest of the documents can be picked up thurs.
Today was an incredibly long and stressful day. I love, love, love Ethiopia but I am worried about T's diarrhea. He was having an excellent day health and spirits wise and then this evening right before dinner a huge diaper blow out that went up to his neck. To. His. Neck. Oh, and of course we lost power as this happens, and we were also called to dinner at this very moment as well! Now he is sleeping and i worry about hydration and his health! I don't feel so alone though once i get to talking to the other families. They mostly all have the same issue. Poor babies! Please let them all be okay and do well on the plane ride home!
I can hardly keep my eyes open. I should sleep while Tyler Tamene does!
Sent from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment