5/20 Day 2 we have arrived!
What a day. I cant believe I am here. It is a shock to the system! I don't even know where to start.
The flight was long and crowded but even so it wasn't horrible! The last 2 hours were pretty long! When we got to the airport in addis, we stood in line for our visas. While Kari waited in the visa line i went over to the money exchange line...it's surreal and like nothing else i have ever experienced. After the visas and money we went through customs, then on to baggage claim. It all went really, really smoothly! Our last stop was to find Abel our guide. We went out in to a sea of people in the arrivals/pick up area...and there he was, right in front with a sign that says Bethany!
Abel said our first stop in the morning is going to be Mussie Orphanage to meet our children!!!!!!! We have breakfast at 7:30 am, Abel said to be ready around 8:30 am and we'd most likely meet our kids at 9:30 am. He was very friendly and made us feel at ease.
We checked in to the guest house and it is really beautiful and literally 5 minutes from the airport. I think we are the only families here tonight! More will arrive tomorrow.
I knew I would have to be prepared emotionally for what this would be like. And, well, i was still overwhelmed! I had been able to send Jason a text message from the addis airport and was so happy that he knew i arrived safely. Then when we got to the guest house my phone says no service. It was enough to bring tears to my eyes. And here they come again!
I miss my family....wow, does it hurt! I feel sad, scared, overwhelmed and at the same time, amazed that I will be meeting our son tomorrow. I keep welling up with tears. Everything is so different here. I knew it would be!
I must try to get some sleep it's midnight here but only feels like the afternoon to me! Argh! Going to try to sleep Now!
Sent from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment