Thursday, April 26, 2007

Very Sick Little Man...


Pneumonia and double ear infection. Sheesh.

Jack was sent home from school yesterday with a fever of 101. My mom brought him home for me and we changed him into his jammies and watched him a little. He had a runny nose for about a week -- with no other symptoms (fever, cranky, etc.) but he developed a chesty cough yesterday.

All night we rotated Motrin and Tylenol and at several times his temp was up to 102+ then this morning at 6:30 (he had BOTH meds in his system) his temp was 104.5! We put him straight in the bath tub and called the ped. His temp came down to 101 after the bath but rose again to 103...when the dr called back she asked how he was doing and at that time he was pretty miserable but holding his own. She said to bring him in to the office when they opened.

Jason is also sick and stayed home today -- thankfully because I don't think I could do this myself at this point.

We're to cycle Tylenol and Motrin for 24-48 hours and give Musinex every 4 hours as well as Augmentin 2x a day. We also got a referral to an ENT because of his recurrent ear infections...our appointment is May 1st.

His breathing is okay -- he has a very wet cough though. Poor sweetie pants....I've never seen him so run down. He's vomited a few times due to coughing so hard.

So we're watching closely and praying for no seizures...

Mel, I am honored and can't wait to do some nominating as well!

3 comments:

  1. Pneumonia and double ear infection! I am so so sorry! I hope Jack recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:04 PM

    You poor little thing!! What the heck is going on young man? You have to be strong and healthy when your little sister makes her appearance. Try to get better REAL soon! We feel so bad that you're so sick. Wish we could do something to make you feel better, but since we can't be there, we'll send our prayers, love and lots and lots of hugs! Maybe Max will even send you a great big, wet, sloppy kiss of hers! That should do the trick! Always makes me feel better when I'm sick.

    Who do you know that is big, black, very furry, and wears a shiny silver chain, that you like to play with? Did you know it is her birthday today? YUP! Max hit to big 1-0! Ten years old today. Now she and Vyktoria are the same age. Imagine that!

    Well, better get going and get my stuff ready for work tomorrow. Please get better really soon, we hate it when you are so sick.

    Love you so very, very much and miss you lots,
    Grammie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate seeing our little ones sick! It makes me feel so helpless. I am also hoping he can kick this quick! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails