Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Just Jack :)

I love this picture. I had to share it! Jack's been standing like this randomly around the house. At my dresser, the tv, sofa, our bed, etc. He's been stepping too like he's testing the water...lol. I think at times he's contemplating taking an independent step.

Jack's been enjoying school and looks forward to the bus's arrival every day. If I tell him it's time to get ready for school he'll ask me "Bus?" and I assure him the bus will come get him when it's time.

Jack has a great sense of humor. He makes me laugh and loves to get attention this way. Sometimes it's hard because he can be a bit naughty and I have to turn away because I don't want him to see me stifling my laughter.

We watch Jeopardy almost every night after dinner. We unwind as a family and try to guess the answers...well, questions. I'd say we've been doing this almost every day since Jack's been born. It shouldn't come a surprise that last night he sang the entire theme song with "doo, doo, doo's" We were cracking up! I am not sure too many other kids his age would know this tune. LOL! He loves to sing and comes home from school singing a different song every day. The thing is, he rarely sings IN school. I told his teachers how much he sings at home and they were shocked. He won't open his mouth when the group sings. I don't think he's shy, and I am sure he'll sing with everyone else soon enough.

The effects of the botox are really becoming noticeable. His right hand and arm are much looser and he's impressing the OT at school with how he's playing with both hands!! We try to get him to do bigger movements (like high 5, or picking up larger objects) and he's doing great. I don't know if he'll ever have the accuracy to pick up small items (like cheerios, etc.) with that hand. I guess our long-term goal is to make it as much of a helper hand as possible. He will always make an attempt if we ask him to use his right arm. So we're encouraging everyone when you're playing with Jack to do the same thing! He of course will eat up the praise too!

Well, I've got a chocolate cake in the oven and have a few minutes until Jeopardy starts -- gotta run!!

3 comments:

  1. That picture is so cute! I can see personality all over him:) What a joy he is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great title and photo. I hope Moo will one day also be able stand like that. Jack's achievements give me so much hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:51 AM

    What a handsome, cool dude you are, Jack Riley!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails