Yesterday at Wal-Mart I saw the cutest kids' haircutting kit. It included clippers, scissors, a comb and a cape. It boasted to be quieter and less scary (which was a plus in my book!!) so I snatched it up and put it in the cart.
Jack has an awful cold, so our Easter plans were canceled. We packed boxes and cleaned out the garage (for the upcoming move) while Jack napped all afternoon. Jason went to visit family while Jack and I stayed home. I had the brilliant idea that I was going to give Jack a hair cut! I've seen daddy do it several times so i thought -- a piece of cake, right?
Well, I chose the wrong setting and Jack is next to bald. I wanted to throw up. I am so upset. You can see his scalp...his shunt protrudes out and you can see his SKIN! I was in the bathtub with Jack when Jason got home and he gasped when he saw him! I feel so horrible. I KNOW everyone's going to comment...and of course we see every therapist and of course there's school...I want to cry! In fact, I already have.
I won't even post pictures, that's how bad it is. I am wearing a hat on him until it grows back. Luckily his hair seems to grow quickly so hopefully it'll start to fill in in a few weeks...
Well, it certainly was an interesting holiday weekend...
Edited to add....
Thanks guys. In the big picture having no hair is okay I guess...LOL! I am sort of used to in now...and Jack loves to feel the prickles on his head. Daddy loves to ask Jack where his hair went...and we are getting quite a chuckle out of the whole thing. I've been labeled "Worst hairdresser in the world" and I have to agree I won't ever do it again! LOL!
Sweetheart, don't feel badly. I once tried to give my oldest a haircut. He ended up looking like Liza Minelli if Liza Minelli were a Hasidic Jewish boy. It was awful. My husband forbade me to ever try again. That bad.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to another lesson of motherhood! We are not truly initiated into the good mom club until we mutilate our children with a do it yourself haircut. Some of us have even done it more than once until we learn that practice does not always make perfect! Tell Jason not to be too hard on you, since he's probably sported the same look but was too young to remember!
ReplyDeleteLove you all!
Grandma Linda
Awww it will grow back very quickly hunny and don't forget you're not used to seeing it that short so im sure it isn't that bad!
ReplyDeleteHad to giggle when I read the post (sorry Angela!) We've just given the boys buzz cuts this week and they look like they are about to set off for Army boot camp!! So I can kinda relate!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so pleased I found your Blog!!
Becky, Caellum and Ethan