
We've been researching adoption on and off for over a year now and we'd talk and read and then let it go for a while. A few weeks ago we started talking seriously about our plans and have decided to take the international adoption route. Right now we are hoping to adopt an infant from Ethiopia. We filled out a preliminary application and mailed it on Friday. It's out there heading to the agency right now.
It is a long, long, long process and realistically we know it could be 2-3 years until everything is final and we have a new baby in our home.
We are open to a boy or girl. We aren't sure if we'll travel or use an escort. We are open to twins or siblings, and will probably know more once we're further down this path.
I just wanted to share this with my second family!! I'll keep you posted!
I just wanted to share this with my second family!! I'll keep you posted!
Right now we ask you keep us in your thoughts for getting accepted into this agency's program!!
PS -- I started an adoption timeline on the sidebar if you're interested in watching our progress!
Wow, that is so great! You are really starting this adoption journey. It's official! Adoption is such a wonderful way to expand a family. We've been able to watch several happen slowly with friends.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to hearing more as the process progresses.
-Patty
Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI've always been fascinated with adoption and, frankly, cannot get enough of adoption stories. Dirk feels different about it and I respect that. But here's to you and wishing you a successful and happy journey on this new path!
ReplyDeleteWe JUST filled out our on-line ap, it will be a while for us, we're right behind you!!
ReplyDelete