Monday, April 07, 2008

Newborn Screening in PA

Here's How You Can Help:

Email Senate Appropriations Chair Gibson Armstrong at garmstrong@pasen.gov

Dear Senator Armstrong: Please move House Bill 883, fully funded, to a successful passage in the Senate. Pennsylvania's babies need this protection. Thank you.

Go to http://www.legis.state.pa.us/.

Enter your zipcode to find your PA Senator's email address. Email your Senator the following message:

Dear Senator: Please send a letter to Senate Appropriations Chair Armstrong requesting funding for, and passage of, House Bill 883. Newborn screening saves babies lives. Thank you.

Please share this request with all interested parties within your circle of influence. Pennsylvania's newborns need the safeguard this legislation will provide. Thank you!

Please copy kjadams@marchofdimes.com, so we may track all contacts.

PENNSYLVANIA ADVOCACY PRIORITY
PLEASE TAKE ACTION NOW!

Time is critical -- we need your help to secure passage of newborn screening legislation.
March of Dimes is working hard to expand Pennsylvania's Newborn Screening Program to include the 29 "core" treatable conditions recommended by American College of Medical Genetics and endorsed by the March of Dimes and the American Academy of Pediatrics. Failure to screen and treat for these metabolic conditions leaves newborns at risk for life-altering consequences including brain damage, coma, and even death.

Senator Jane Orie and Representative George Kenney introduced companion legislation in the House and Senate to expand the state's program and to appropriate $2 million, which will cover the Department of Health costs to administer the program including funding regional treatment centers throughout the state. House Bill #883 unanimously passed the PA House and awaits consideration in the Senate Appropriations Committee.

1 comment:

  1. You raised an artist! I may put it on Ebay and I'll donate what I get to MoD...mommy had to write on it...so I may have to white out and I first have to figure out Ebay...but I'm serious, there is something artist there...at the least I'm framing it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails