Sunday, May 30, 2004

Hello! We had a very special day recently...we just celebrated ONE YEAR since Jack's NICU discharge. He came home May 28th, 2003. It's so amazing how much Jack has grown since then! We're very proud of our little man. Jack was evaluated for vision therapy last week. The vision team was very helpful -- they spent about two and a half hours with Jack and feel he's doing EXCELLENT!! They said his CVI is very mild and he's using his vision VERY well. They were totally impressed by Jack's ability to locate and pick up tiny pieces of white rice off of his white high chair tray. They plan on working with him once a month to improve his vision on his right side. All in all it was a productive meeting. About a week and a half ago I was feeding Jack in his high chair when he started acting 'funny' and scared me a little. I thought he may have been having a shunt malfunction so I called Hershey and they said it could have been a small seizure and felt it was NOT a problem with his shunt. They did not feel he needed emergency care...just a trip to the pediatrician. His pediatrician ordered an EEG scheduled for June 15th. We pray it shows normal results. He's been perfectly fine ever since and pray it continues that way! We're enjoying a nice long holiday weekend -- I hope everyone else is as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails